Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pages from a Father's Journal

Blessed!!
Oh God! I can’t thank you enough for being too generous to me. Today you gave me your best blessings by making me the fortunate father of this beautiful child. I can’t really thank you enough for this best gift ever. He looks so cute, he fits into my hands. He is so beautiful and fragile. His skin is so soft; I think rose petals must be harder than his creamy skin. His face! It is so radiant; I just can’t take my eyes off his face. His little eyes barely open, but I don’t know why I can see my entire future in them. His squishy nose looks like a little fluffy bun. His lips look like pieces of cherry and his cheeks, Oh God! They are like two soft wool balls, the nurse keeps on telling me not to touch them but I can’t resist from kissing his cheeks. I also took him in my arms. He was looking at me as if he knows me, as if he knows that we share common blood and as if he knows that he is a part of me. I just can’t let him off my sight. I don’t feel hungry or sleepy; I just want to be with him, always! Oh God! I can’t get over with it, am I going crazy with happiness?

Happy days keep on coming!
He has started responding to sound. He recognizes sounds and people, he laughs and crawls and plays with me. I don’t know if he understands it or not, but he loves riding on my back. He is an angel. I hold his hand and try to teach him walk. He is so responsive! He holds my finger tight and tries hard to walk on his feet. He is adorable. I feel bad when he falls and cries, it makes my eyes wet but I know that he must learn to get up. I just love him like crazy!

First step
My son is now going to school, I am really happy. His teachers say that he is really bright in studies and other activities. I and my wife keep on discussing that how cue he looks in that little school uniform. Things are going great God; please let it be the same forever. Bless my son; help him be a better man than his father. He has a lot of potential, I can see that.

Anything for you
My son is growing up now. He understands things; he goes to school, eats on his own, does his homework on his own and manages his chores himself. He is making me a proud father. He has also started making demands now… Hahaha! He sees new things on the television and new toys that his friends have and demands the same from me. Sometimes it is difficult to manage the budget though! My wife sometime tells me that I should not fulfill all his demands, even I feel the same sometimes but then I recall my childhood. I didn’t get a lot of things that I deserved or needed as a child, may be the circumstances were not good then. But today I won’t let my child follow the same fate as mine. So what if I have to cancel my personal shopping expenses?  The old scooter is not that bad yet; a few services would make it fit for the go, I don’t need a car yet! So what my wife and I had to cancel our holiday plans on our anniversary? We have had many anniversaries but we have only one child. Nothing is more important than the smile on your face son. You live your life to the fullest son, which is all I desire. I love you!

Hiccups
Why is this happening God? What wrong have we done? Everything was going fine; my son was a bright kid, why is he loosing focus now? He is not doing well at school. His teachers tell me that he holds a lot of potential but he is very careless. I spoke to him several times on this topic, but the matter of fact is that he himself doesn’t know what is going wrong. What shall I do to bring him back on the right track? I am so confused and tensed. I know that he is not into any bad habits, but why is he going astray? Please show us the right path, please point him to the correct direction

Find Your World
He is all grown up now. He or shall I say we learnt the solutions to my son’s problems with time. I now understand that they were passing clouds. I can now see the silver lining bright and clear. My son is becoming a man now, he is going to college. He is going to follow his passion and make his own world. What could be more delightful for me than this? Although it is difficult to manage his expenses now but I want to accompany him as far as possible! I want him to be proud of me being his father as I am proud of him being my son. He is happy, but I can see the sadness behind his smiling face. The sadness is of going away from us. He knows that there is no turning back from where he is standing. He knows that now he will have to bid goodbye to his home. I can see the sadness that he holds in his eyes. He thinks that he can dodge me by putting a smile on his puppy face. Son! Don’t be mistaken, I am your father. I have known you more than you have known yourself. There’s no shame in being sad, it shows that how much you love us and your smile, it shows that how tuff you are. Go live your dreams; be happy, I am always there for you. And the sadness in your eyes, Son I share the same in my heart.

Fly High
Thank you God! It’s all your grace that my son got his dream job. He is a working man now. His hard work paid off. I am happy for him. I can see my success in his achievements. His one step towards success is like my leap towards serenity.  I can now see my reflection in him. It has always been there but now, it’s crystal clear. The way he thinks, talks, eats, sleeps, makes his bed are so similar to my ways. I feel as if I am living a second life. I feel like God has gifted me my twenties back to achieve a little more and live life once again. I spend sleepless nights when he is coming to visit us the next day. I often wonder that isn’t this the same feeling that I experienced when he was about to be born? He is like a best friend to me where I don’t need to speak anything for him to understand. This bond has now grown from being a blood relation, this bond is now serene, it’s sacred and it’s above what words can explain. I love you son and I know that you love me too! I see myself in you and I pray that one day your child gives you the same pleasure so that you can understand how blessed I am to have you as my child.


by - Ambuj



No comments:

Winter is here

November falls and so rises the cold one... The one who loves the dark, The one who forces to fire the hearth. Winds are it's companions...